How to make sandpaper letters?
- Cardboard (Blue & Pink)
- Prepare 26 tablets (20cm) high by (15cm)wide.
- Some letters, such as m, w, may need a wider tablet.
- Use blue paint for the tablets for vowels, /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, /u/
- Pink tablets for the consonantus.
- Cut the letters from fine sandpaper.
- Paste each letter onto a tablet.
There are many ways to presenting letters, you can by songs or just introduce directly.
The sequence of introducing the letter sounds not base on the alphabet order. Since some sounds are hard to pronounce for young kids such as /q/, /x/, /v/. And some of them are easily confuse the children such as /b/, /d/. /p/ and /q/.
So here are the suggestion you may consider when you are going to introduce the letter sound to your child.
Or you may choose the way as Jolly Phonics, which the sounds are taugth in specific order to enable the children to begin building phonetic words as soon as they can.
- s, a, t, i, p, n
- ck, e, h, r, m, d
- g, o, u, l, f,b
- ai, j, oa, ie, ee, or
- z, w, ng, v, oo (boot), oo (foot)
- y, x, ch, sh ,th (voiced),th (unvoiced)
- qu, ou, oi, ue, er, ar